Since 1982, Excel
Aviation has been working in collaboration with aircraft builders and airlines across the globe to develop the next generation of docking systems.
This wealth of expertise and practical experience is the basis for the versatile Excel
Aviation access systems for various types of narrow and wide body aircraft.
Developed in collaboration with aircraft maintenance experts, these systems support safe and efficient maintenance work. The end result is mobile, multi-functional, multi-aircraft platforms, that can be designated as either a nose-in or tail-in configuration in accordance with any hanger specifications.
Aviation's nose, fuselage, tail, wing, and engine docking systems provide safe and efficient access to perform routine maintenance and repair job cards for multiple aircraft types with weight on wheels or weight on jacks. Over the past 15 years, Excel
Aviation has designed, engineered, and commissioned docking systems in extensive consultation and collaboration with heavy base maintenance and line operations end users. Blending leading aircraft maintenance standards, best practice, and universally accepted regulatory guidelines, Excel
Aviation's docking systems provide unsurpassed access to wide and narrow body aircraft for both maintenance and paint crews.
The two principle design elements fundamental to the Excel
Aviation docking system philosophy are integration and flexibility. The Excel
docking system provides seamless access between the nose, fuselage, tail, and wing systems allowing optimal movement of crews, tooling, and aircraft parts between stations. At the same time, the design of the system facilitates the ability to cater to multiple jobs simultaneously. This flexibility allows customers more freedom to schedule jobs and can vastly improve the aircraft maintenance and paint cycles.
The business case for ownership is made even more compelling due to the fact that these systems can be leveraged for a variety of aircraft types ranging from the Airbus A319, A320, A330, A340, and A380-800, and the Boeing B737, B747, B777, and B787.
Aviation access systems are extremely versatile and afford customers a high degree of flexibility in commissioning and operational utility. For example, with minimal redesign, the system can be leveraged for a nose-in or tail-in configuration. In addition, the modular nature of the system helps future proof the investment. For example, a multiple-aircraft docking system designed for the A380 and B777-300 is currently being reconfigured to cater for the B777X. The modular nature of the system also complements the relocation or sale of the docking kit, should it be required. Another product differentiator of the Excel
access systems is the use of sophisticated electronics coupled with high quality mechanical components. The highly automated PLC governed systems are preconfigured using motorized horizontal and vertical drives to reduce docking time and facilitate shortening the aircraft hangar time.
Safety is embedded into every facet of design and there are no compromises when the safety of crews, property, and aircraft are at stake. In addition to handrails, safety barriers, pivot plates, and rubber fenders, the docks also leverage proximity sensors, limit switches, and interlocking PLC systems with widely accessible emergency stops to supplement safe and rapid docking and dedocking. Each system is fitted with sliders/fingers that can be deployed with electric or pneumatic hand tools to get a close fit to the aircraft. As with all aircraft adjacent sides, all sliders are fitted with non-marking rubber fenders to protect the aircraft panels from damage.
Excel Aviation is committed to supply turn-key docking solutions while providing expert, comprehensive services that cover docking design, engineering, manufacturing, erection, and commissioning.
Our Key Differences
Comprehensive Aviation Expertise
Customer – Centric Designs
- In-house Aviation Design and Engineering departments with vast expertise
- Directly working with leading airlines plus aircraft engineering and maintenance providers.
- Aviation experts who collaborate with end-users to suggest alternatives to optimise designs, reducing costs and lead-times.
Extensive Manufacturing Facilities
- Access Systems designed in collaboration with heavy line & base, maintenance plus ground support equipment customers.
- Innovative Design and Engineering Teams who provide tailored solutions to meet individual client requirements.
- ISO 9001:2008 production facilities.
- State-of-the-art CNC machinery.
- Steel and Aluminum welding.
- Robotic, precise production processes.
- Meticulous standards and controls.
- Direct manufacture of exceptionally high quality products with short lead times.
- Seasoned installation team.
- Bespoke docking system.
- Assembled and erected at aircraft engineering facilities across the G.C.C.
Modular Docking System
This Modular Docking system allows three options.
- The Tail Dock used with the Fuselage in parked position.
- The Fuselage Dock with the Tail Dock in parked position.
- Both the Tail Dock and Fuselage Dock used together.
The Modular Docking system is flexible to the requirements of aircraft maintenance personnel.